CDC Coronavirus COVID-19 Guidelines
Global Glove and Safety Manufacturing is here to meet the needs of protecting the citizens of our country from exposure to a new and frightening hazard. Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) has affected our country in a way no other hazard ever has. In a time when cities and states are in shutdown mode and schools are furloughed for the rest of this school year, the need for Personal Protective Equipment has never been greater.
The explosion of cases of COVID-19 has caused a huge demand and subsequent shortage in disposable gloves.
For many specific CDC guidelines that are being followed to the letter, reusable gloves may have been overlooked. Notice that in the excerpt from CDC Guidelines for Cleaning and Disinfecting the COVID-19 virus (CDC.gov/coronavirus).
Global Glove can provide excellent protection where disposable gloves are in short supply with our unsupported chemical resistant gloves. In this crucial time, recommend conserving disposable gloves which are in such short supply and use the reusable unsupported Chemical Resistant gloves for Cleaning and Disinfecting.
Cleaning refers to removal of germs, dirt and impurities from surfaces with soap.
Disinfecting refers to using chemicals to kill germs on surfaces.
Both procedures are a necessary part of cleaning and disinfecting households and public places.
Global Glove has an excellent line of unsupported chemical resistant gloves (GlobalGlove.com/Unsupported) that will provide excellent protection, not only from the COVID-19 virus, but from the chemicals used for the cleaning and disinfection meant to protect the public from exposure on surfaces and from contaminated materials.
CDC Guidelines suggest specifying reusable gloves for use only in a certain area.
Suggested Protocol For Reusable Glove Use
- Clean Hands: Before donning gloves, wash your hands thoroughly for 30 seconds with antibacterial soap.
- Disinfect Hands: Apply hand sanitizer before donning the reusable gloves.
- Complete the cleaning and disinfecting.
- The disinfectant chemical you use should disinfect the surface of the glove material, as you work.
- Clean Gloves: Upon completion of the task, wash the surface of the gloves you are wearing with antibacterial soap for 30 seconds (much easier to wash all surfaces of the gloves while wearing them).
- Disinfect Gloves: Apply hand sanitizer to the surface of the glove.
- Remove the gloves carefully and hang or place them in a position to dry.
- Clean Hands: Wash your hands with antibacterial soap for 30 seconds.
- Disinfect Hands: Apply hand sanitizer.
COVID-19 is a type of coronavirus similar to SARS or MERS. Much is known about how to inactivate SARS and MERS. COVID-19 is easily rendered inactive with many common disinfectants.
Cleaning and Disinfecting products (examples)
- Clorox® dilutable product brands
- Lysol® dilutable product brands
- Peroxide containing dilutable product brands
- Pine Cleaners dilutable product brands
- Clorox® wipes product brands with bleach
- Clorox® wipes product brands with peroxide
- Fabuloso® wipe product brands
- Lysol® wipes product brands
- Purell® wipes product brands
Suggested Areas for Reusable Glove Use
- Airlines Baggage Handling
- Airlines Cleaning
- Airlines Food Service
- Border Protection
- Business Travelers
- Death-care Workers
- Emergency Medical Services (non-patient)
- Food Service
- General Laborers
- Grocery Store Workers
- Healthcare (non-patient)
- Home Use
- Hospital Workers (non-patient)
- Hospitality Industry
- Laundry Services
- Laboratory Workers
- Law Enforcement
- Medical Waste Handling
- Municipal Waste Collection Services
- Pharmacy/Drug Stores
- Postal Services and Delivery Services
- Public Service
- Service Industry
- Solid Waste Management
- Travel Industry